Detects passing cars in the vehicle's front and rear blind spots and alerts the driver of danger with audible and visual warnings
Universal Front and Rear Blind Spot Detection System
The BSD-754 is our blind spot detection system designed for use on most vehicles. The system uses four sensor (two front and two rear) to cover all four corners of the vehicle. When the turn signals are activated, the BSD-754 will activate and if there is a vehicle in any of your blind spots, the sensors will pick up the vehicle and alert the driver with two LED indicators as well as audible tones from a buzzer inisde the vehicle. The BSD system works well for all applications such as driving down city streets or highways, parking or making simple turns.
- A blind spot in a vehicle is an area around the vehicle that cannot be directly observed by the driver while at the controls, under existing circumstances. Blind spots exist in a wide range of vehicles but the most common type is your everyday driver vehicle whether it's a car, truck, SUV or van. Good driver visibility is essential to safe road traffic but unfortunately in some vehicles, the windshield side windows and mirrors cannot see all parts of the vehicle inhibiting the driver's visiblity around the vehicle. The most common blind spots are the rear quarter blind spots, areas towards the rear of the vehicle on both sides. Vehicles in the adjacent lanes of the road that fall into these blind spots may not be visible using only the car's mirrors.
- The BSD-754 is our answer to combating the blind spot problem. It is an audible and visual warning system that uses four high speed frequency sensors to pick up any unseen vehicles or objects coming into the driver's front and rear blind spots and alerts the driver through two left and right side LED indicators as well as giving a sequence of audible beeps through a buzzer. Two sensors are installed in the front bumper of the outer most left and right sides as well as on the rear bumper or quarter panel on the left and right sides. When the driver puts on their turn signals, the system will activate and pick up any vehicles coming into the blind spots alerting the driver that it is not safe to change lanes. The sensors are designed to pick up vehicles moving at high speeds as well so even if the vehicle is passing by fast, the system will still alert the driver. The sensing range is about thirteen feet out and ten feet wide so the driver will get a very good detecting range and the sensors can be painted to match the color of the vehicle.
- The LED indicators and buzzer are placed inside the vehicle up near the driver. In most cases the indicators will be place on the left and right side of the dash either on the A-pillars or on the door panels themselves so that when the driver looks in either of the side mirrors, they will see the indicators. The buzzer can be placed anywhere is the vehicle as long as the driver can hear it. If the buzzer is installerd under the dash board or behind a panel, the volume can be increased so the driver can hear it clearly when the system picks up any objects in the blind spots.
- Designed for use on all passenger cars, trucks, SUVs and vans
- Alerts the driver of danger in the front and rear blind spots of the vehicle
- (4) High-speed frequency waterproof sensors (2 front, 2 rear)
- (2) LED indicators (Left and right side)
- Buzzer with volume adjustment
- Indicators and buzzer will give audible and visual warnings to the driver
- System is activated with the turn signals
- Sensors can be painted to match the color of the vehicle
- Includes hole saw for sensor installation
Sensor Type: (?) (4) High-speed frequency Sensor Range: (?) 13 Ft. Visual Indication: (?) LED Audible Indication: (?) Buzzer (Volume Adjustable) Operating Temperature: (?) -31°F - 185°F (-35°C - 85°C) Power Source: (?) DC 10V - 16V Power Consumption: (?) ≤200mA Waterproof: (?) Sensors Only (IP68) Dimensions: (?) Module: 2⅜"(L) × 4"(W) × 1"(D)
Buzzer: 1⅜"(L) × 2"(W) × ⅞"(D)
LED Indicators: ⅜"(L) × 1⅛"(W) × ¼"(D)
Hole Saw Size: (?) 22 MM Main Cable Length: (?) 15⅜ Ft Sensor Cable Length: (?) 1⅞ Ft Sensor Cable Ext Length: (?) Front: 11⅜ Ft / Rear: 7⅝ Ft Indicator Cable Length: (?) 1¼ Ft Buzzer Cable Length: (?) 2½ Ft
- NOTE: Product specifications are subject to change and may change at any time without notice. For any questions, please call Technical Support at 800-998-6880